Saturday, June 13, 2009

My Job

Yes, I do have the best job in the world. Why? Because it is my ministry.
I work as a Para-Educator at an elementary school nearby. I have worked there for four years and love it. Monday, June 16th, marks the end of another year and it has been my best so far. I have been blessed to work with two wonderful teachers who have trusted me and allowed me to work with all of their students. The first two teachers I had, were not so sure how to handle having another adult in their classroom and only wanted me to work with the one student to whom I had been assigned.
I was hired to work with one child who needed a lot of physical assistance, but this year I was assigned to him and his brother. It made my days very busy and I had to be extremely organized. Once I got the routine down, I was able to expand my job and work with many other students. It was my dream come true.
Ever since I can remember I have wanted to be a teacher and this job is as close as I now want to come. A couple of years ago I considered going on and getting my degree and teaching certificate, but once I realized all of the "junk" teachers have to put up with, I realized how blessed I am in my job. I get to have all the "fun" and don't have to worry about all the "politics".
God's Word says to delight ourselves in the Lord and He shall give us the desires of our heart. He has truly done that for me. Yes, it took many years for my desire to be fulfilled, but I am so thankful that God allowed me to become a Para when He was ready for me to be one. He knew that I would have daughter that would need me to be close for much longer than normal. He knew that I would have some mental issues that would need to be dealt with before He could ever use me as His "minister". The Lord is worthy of all trust.
My job title may be Para-Educator, but I truly believe that my job is a ministry from the Lord to meet the needs of the children that He allows me to minister to. He loves them through me and I am so grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment