Saturday, September 15, 2012

Just Praising God

"In everything give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you." I Thessalonians 5:18. "Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ." Ephesians 5:20
As I prepare to do some counseling, I have been looking back over the last twenty years. (Ack, How in the world can that be? 20 years already? I can't be that old.) It is just so awesome and amazing to me the mighty work that God has done in my life and I cannot begin to give Him the praise which He deserves. The Lord has healed me of tremendous pain. He has changed the very thoughts of my mind into those which are true. God has given to me His peace and joy. He has taken away the aweful and replaced it with the awesome. The Lord has freed me from the bondage and delivered me into His glorious freedom.
Twenty years ago, I was a woman who was full of hate and anger and bitterness and lies. I was so wrapped up in my self that I couldn't see anyone else. Darkness clouded all of my thoughts and depression was my familiar friend. Many a time I considered suicide as the only way to be set free from the torment I endured. And then, God began to show me the truth from His Holy Word and the Holy Spirit began to convict me of my sins and the Lord Jesus Christ cleansed me from every sin and unrighteousness.
Over the years, God has continued to work in my heart and mind to help me speak the truth in love to myself. I remember the day, just about six years ago, that I could finally look myself in the eye (using a mirror, of course. Would have been kind of impossible otherwise.), and say to myself, "You are forgiven and I love you." Up until that day, I had so much hate towards the person that lived inside this body. I felt like I was just a piece of smelly poop that wasn't worth anything. But the Holy Spirit reminded me of God's truth: that I God loves me with an overwhelming love and that nothing I do or don't do can ever change that fact. And now, I look forward to the Lord using me to help someone else who is in pain.
As I looked back in my photo albums and realized the amazing and wondrous work that God has done in my life, I can't help but praise Him and thank Him and exalt Him and praise Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment