Thursday, April 29, 2010

I love looking back at my old journals. It is amazing to see how much I have learned, how much I have changed, how much I have stayed the same, and how much the Lord has blessed me. I thought that I would share another entry with you. This one comes from 1988. I was the age that my daughter is now....weird!!!
"You know, it really bugs me that so many Christians are so wimpy (myself the worst). Satan, or the world, or whatever, comes along in our life and tempts us. It may be ever so gently and over we fall. Christians are suppose to "stand fast". I just can't believe how weak we are, and that bothers me. It makes me upset with me. Satan knows exactly what is our weakness and he knows exactly how to tempt us and how to make us fall. I bet he really gets a kick out of it!
Why can't we be stronger Christians? Don't we know who dwells within us? We can't stand by ourselves. That is why we fall so easily. We need to read the Bible more, we need to pray more, we need to give our lives completely to Jesus. We are but humans, but with Christ as our Saviour, with God as our guide, with the Holy Spirit as our power, we can withstand...coming out victorious, giving God all the glory."
Quite often I think about the "fear of the Lord" and that we Christians have no fear of Him. Last week as I was reading my Bible, the Holy Spirit spoke to me from Proverbs 19:23, "The fear of the LORD tendeth to life: and he that hath it shall abide satisfied; he shall not be visited with evil." Oh that we would fear the LORD!

No comments:

Post a Comment