Thursday, April 15, 2010

reflections

I was recently reading one of my journals from 2004. In it I came across an insite that the Lord had shown me. I haven't shared it with anyone other than the few junior high girls I taught in Sunday school six years ago. It was such an encouraging insite that I though I would share it with all of you.
The Lord spoke to me of how I "limit" His affect in my life. He is never changing. He doesn't get any more important, nor less significant. God is. And He is always the same. It is I who limit the amount of Him I perceive. Jesus Christ the same yesterday, today, and forever. It is my thoughts, emotions, and feelings that get in the way of what Christ can do with my life. It would be like having a bright flashlight. If I was to take a piece of cardboard and poke a hole in it and then place said cardboard over the flashlight, then the light that eminates through the hole would be much less than the flashlight can produce. The source of the light has not changed, only the amount of light that is allowed to pass through the cardboard. The cardboard represents me. The size of the hole in the cardboard is bigger or smaller depending on the size of the hole that I make and the amount of light that I allow to pass through. I guess another analogy would be the aperature on a camera. Have you ever looked inside the lens of a camera? Inside you can usually see the aperature. It can change size when the person operating the camera changes the settings. The opening of the aperature determines how much or how little light can be exposed on the film. There is so much that God can do in our lives if we would just let Him have control. He is so much more than our finite brains could ever comprehend, but we continue to limit Him in our lives. I sure know that I still do. Why? Maybe because I am afraid of what the light might expose.

No comments:

Post a Comment