Sunday, October 10, 2010

Freaky Friday part 2

If I thought Friday, October 1st was freaky, I wasn't prepared for Friday, October 8th. I awoke at 1:22am needing to use the bathroom. My guts felt like they were going to erupt. I thought it was just gas, but a few minutes later I gently got back out of bed and tried to walk around. The pain only got worse. I got on the internet to see what it could be and it said that if I had severe upper quadrant pain to go to the hospital immediately. By this time, I could barely walk, but had to wake Jerry.
At the Urgent Care, the pain was so bad, I was in tears and could no longer move without crying out loud. The doctor tried to examine my tummy, but his gentle touch felt like knives. They finally gave me a shot of strong narcotics and sent me by ambulance to Harrison ER. I don't remember much except them doing an ultrasound and determining that I needed to be admitted. I spent the rest of the morning trying to sleep and giving myself pain relief. It was so nice to have the self-administered pain-relief machine hooked up. The pain would have been tremendously horrible if I didn't have constant medication.
They finally took me into surgery Friday evening. It didn't take long for them to get me from my room and into the surgery to remove my gall bladder. The next thing I remember was waking up and being taken back to my room. It was so fast, but actually took two and a half hours.
It was so nice to be able to come back home on Saturday afternoon. There truly is no place like home. If it feels great to be back in my earthly home, I can't imagine how blessed it will be when I get to my heavenly home.
All praise and thanksgiving goes to the LORD God who gave me such peace and His blessings in this trial of affliction.

No comments:

Post a Comment