Sunday, October 3, 2010

Peace perfect peace

There is nothing like the peace of mind that comes from the LORD.
For the last several weeks, ever since the weather began to change, I have been wondering what I should do. The weather can have a negative impact of those who have fibromyalgia or arthritis or other body ailments. It seems to be worse when we are going from high pressure to low. The aches and pains that seem to be doing better, get instantly worse.
I began to think about going south for the next six or seven months. But the thought of being away from my family was horrid. Then we began to talk about the three of us moving. But the thought of being away from home was awful. And I didn't know if I would be able to withstand the discomfort if I stayed here. We were in a quandry about what to do.
Of course we took it to the Lord in prayer and were just waiting for His answer. So, last week I listed all the possible options and left blank spaces for the "pro and con" under each one. I told my family to give their input as well. The paper sat around for a week until Rebekah finally wrote a few things. The saddest was how much she would miss her mom.
The Bible says for us to trust in the Lord and to seek His will. I was doing that, but it seemed I wasn't getting a clear answer until I read what my daughter had wrote on that list of options. God has given me great peace to just stay here. I know that there will be days of pain and frustration, but more than anything, there will be days full of blessings of being right where I belong...at home.

1 comment:

  1. Rom 8:28. This has been so true in my life. There was a time I wanted to move also, but the Lord didn't work things out and I stayed. A few years later I believe I understood why. My mom died a few short years after God had closed the moving door and I am so thankful He did - it enabled me to spend those last few precious years with her. I'm so glad you are staying, I would surely miss you.

    ReplyDelete